Due to Government plans to begin testing asymptomatic staff and pupils in colleges from 2021 we are seeking to recruit Multiskilled Operatives at Callywith College to support the delivery of onsite testing for College Staff and students.
You will play a vital role in maximising our capacity as a country to fight the outbreak both on a national and local level. Full training will be provided, and full Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied.
You will complete a wide range of general daily tasks such as queue management, cleaning and deep cleaning, handing out and collecting testing kits, providing guidance for testing and ensuring that the site is set up efficiently for all service users for the day. You will also be responsible for the disposal of medical and biohazard waste, including PPE.
You will need to have the flexibility to change tasks as and when required and rotate into the different roles, ensuring to always provide general support and deliver service excellence for our college users. The working hours will be Monday to Friday 8 – 4 pm, part time shifts will be available including Morning and Afternoon shifts (8 am - 12 pm or 12 pm – 4 pm).
Role Responsibilities could include
- Support the delivery of services at the Campus Testing Site, communicating and providing an efficient, effective service for those visiting the insite Test Unit
- Communicate with individuals that visit the site to be tested, ensuring they understand and are comfortable with the process.
- Sign off and schedules testing activities; ensuring communications and consents are actioned;
- Responsible for ensuring subjects have registered and distributing test kits on arrival. Ensures orderly entry of subjects onto the testing site.
- Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process.
- Support with testing administration (recording Test Operative administrating test, test time etc, Collates & Uploading results)
- Commitment to the work and to following the strict guideline and procedures required
- Undertake training on Testing Process, Role & Responsibilities, Specific Role training and Onsite Run Through Training
- Ensure to adhere to site guidelines and procedures at all times, always wearing the correct PPE as required
- Clean designated facility areas (sweeping, mopping, restroom cleaning)
- Routine cleaning, including cleaning each booth after a service user has completed their test
- Undertake clinical deep cleaning
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working with members of the public/young people
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Will be passionate about great care
- A team player that loves to contribute to team success
- You will demonstrate high presentation standards and ability to work safely and efficiently
- You must be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
- Experience of working in care, education, or nursing would be desirable.
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
Must not have a long-term condition
Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
Please fully complete and submit an Application Form by midday on 31st December 2020 via email to Personnel@truro-penwith.ac.uk.
Your application will be processed, and you’ll be contacted shortly informing you of the next steps.
Inductions and Training will be held from week commencing 4 January 2021.
The College is registered with the Disclosure and Barring Service and the successful applicant will be required to apply for a Disclosure at the enhanced level. If you apply for a job with vulnerable people when you know you are on a barred list, you could be fined or face a prison sentence.
Callywith is committed to ensuring a culture of valuing diversity and ensuring equality of opportunities.