The data we hold
The data you have given us will have been collected either when you enquired, applied or enrolled for one of our courses or through subscription to our newsletter.
Data collected will only be used for legitimate reasons, for example, to communicate with you in regards to college notices, information that is essential to the delivery of your course, health and safety information, newsletters and updates (if subscribed).
- We will never ask you for data that is not relevant
- We will provide clear and easy instructions for you to sign up or remove your details from publicity
- We will always keep your data safe and secure
- We will only pass your data onto a third party when we have a legal statutory requirement to do so
- We will never send you high volumes of unwanted content
Subscription information that you give us will be held for a maximum of three years, at the end of which we will contact you regarding renewal. Any other data retention is covered in our Data Archive, Storage and Disposal Policy.
We hold your data safely and securely. All our employees are DBS checked and have received additional safeguarding training.
Callywith College offers an email newsletter that covers the many aspects of College life.
Oncourse is our monthly college email newsletter, helping you to keep up-to-date with all the latest news, dates for your diary and social media highlights from Callywith College.
Please note: When you unsubscribe from our newsletters, this does not mean that your contact information is deleted from our database. If you would like to make sure your data is removed, please email us at ENQUIRY@CALLYWITH.AC.UK
- December 2018: In this issue we welcome an international acting star to Callywith and celebration our Health and Social Care students placement success.
- October 2018: In this issue we launch our new prospectus and open applications for 2019.
- September 2018: In this issue we see our student numbers double and celebrate the fantastic results our students recieved over the summer.
- June 2018: In this issue we welcome our lastest recruit and celebrate our fantastic campus at the Michelmores Property Awards.
- May 2018: In this issue we announce updates for our bus timetables and celebrate our brilliant staff at The Cornwall Teacher Awards.
- April 2018: In this issue we prepare for our last open event of the year and Humanities students visit Auschwitz and Iceland.
- March 2018: In this issue exceptional students get exceptional results and the Kernow King talks to us about self-confidence.
- February 2018: In this issue Geography students embark on a trip to Toronto and Niagara Falls, Canada.
- January 2018: In this issue Callywith's Health, Wellbeing and Sport programme is launched and success for Chemistry and Drama.
- December 2017: In this issue the Lord Lieutenant of Cornwall officially opens the College, and we have our first Open day.
- November 2017: In this issue the Garrow building is ready for action and advice for Media students on how to break into TV.
As a college, we are required to share data with our funding bodies in order to fulfil our contractual agreement. We also work with verified third parties such as Typeform and Google Analytics, but we will never share your data with a third party without your consent, unless there is a legitimate legal reason to do so.
We use Google Analytics to measure the success of our website; which pages do well and which pages need updating. We also use it to track how users behave on our site - this data is completely anonymised.
The data gathered from using Analytics and Google Tag Manager is only retained for a set period of time, after which it is deleted by Google. We have also made an effort to ensure that no PII (Personally Identifiable Information) is sent to Google Analytics, such as name or email.
We also use Google Advertising Features in our Google Analytics, which allow us to use data such as age or gender to market to specific groups. You can find more advice about how to opt out of this interest-based advertising at the NA Consumer Opt Out web page.
Google has an opt out browser add-on that you can use if you would prefer not to have your information tracked in this way. You can find it here, or you can search for 'Opt out of Google Analytics'.
We use MailChimp to create our email newsletters, and store our mailing lists. When you sign up to our email newsletters, your information is kept in a MailChimp database.
Typeform allows us to create surveys, and stores answers to these surveys on its website