We are looking forward to welcoming you at Callywith College in September. We appreciate that students and parents may feel very unsure about what happens next regarding their qualifications and their progression to College.
The details released so far from the government on awarding grades still lacks the fine detail but at present the advice states the following:
- All examinations are cancelled.
- The calculation of the final grade will take into account a range of evidence including, for example; non-exam assessment (i.e. coursework), mock examination results, teacher assessment and prior attainment. Ofqual have stated that they will make every effort to ensure that the process agreed will not disadvantage any student.
At Callywith College we pride ourselves in offering high quality individual advice and guidance to our potential learners and will continue to do this.
- This advice will be based on an interview which will be carried out by telephone, discussing interests, ambitions and achievements to date (as has always been the case). All learners who have already had interviews either face-to-face or by telephone will not need a second interview.
- We will make an offer to join the College on an appropriate course at the interview stage. This will be no different from previous years.
- We always take into consideration any individual personal circumstances and will continue to do so.
- We understand that there will be a ‘results day' in the summer where, as usual, we will confirm choices with learners based on those grades. At present we do not know when this will be. Where possible, we will aim to provide an appropriate programme of study for all learners.
- The government has also stated that if a learner is unhappy with the grade and does not believe the correct process has been followed in their case then they will be able to appeal on that basis. In addition, if they do not feel that their calculated grade reflects their performance, they will have the opportunity to sit an exam, as soon as it is reasonably possible after schools and colleges reopen or in the summer of 2021.
- As soon as we receive further announcements regarding the process from Ofqual we will update this information.
Our aim, as always, is to support our learners to achieve their maximum potential and we will continue to provide information, advice and guidance to appropriately support each learner and their families.